Assessment Day & Final
HOW DO I ACE THE Assessment Day & Final INTERVIEW?
We prepare you for your assessment day and final interview.
We use Skype or FaceTime to have a one-to-one interview with you. For residents in UAE, this service is available by telephone. For the Assessment Day, we run through with you on how to think in a methodical manner and polish up your presentation skills.
For those attending an Emirates Open day / Assessment Day for the very first time, here are the requirements you are expected to have:
- You must be positive, confident, flexible, friendly and very keen to help others.
- Culturally aware and reflect who Emirates are - professional, empathetic, progressive, visionary and cosmopolitan (You are expected to show these requirements during the group exercises on Assessment Day).
- At least 21 years of age at time of joining i.e. at DOJ.
- Arm reach of 212 cm while standing on tiptoes.
- Minimum height of 160 cm.
- High School Graduate (Grade 12).
- Fluency in English (written and spoken).
- No visible tattoos whilst you're in Emirates cabin crew uniform (cosmetic and bandage coverings are not allowed).
- Can adapt to new people, new places and new situations.
- Physically fit for this demanding role.
- Healthy Body Mass Index aka "BMI". (check-out the free BMI healthy calculator - google this! Ensure you do not fall in the overweight banding!).
What does Emirates look for during the cabin crew recruitment process?
- Irrespective of nationality, we look for a positive attitude, confidence, flexibility, maturity, a friendly disposition, and importantly a genuine passion to help others and to provide quality service. As the job can be physically demanding, we also look for those with resilience and a determination to continually perform well. At the Open Day, your recruiters will also ask questions to ensure you are confident in managing a pretty demanding work schedule. They will also find out if you are culturally aware and stand by Emirates core values such as professional, empathetic, progressive, visionary and cosmopolitan. The Group Exercises and interviews they conduct will test you on these areas.
There is no specific dress code for the Open Day although you are encouraged to dress in a business suit. However, if you are invited to attend the Assessment Day, the strict dress code must be observed.
- HAIR - Neatly tied in a French roll, braid, ponytail or bun, with loose strands pinned up or to the side.
- FACE - With make-up - concealer, foundation, eye shadow, eye liner, mascara, blush, lipstick, but no lip gloss.
- NAILS - Clean and manicured with nail varnish in clear, red or Frech maincure.
- DRESS CODE - Smart business attire with full length hosiery - if wearing a skirt, it should be 1-inch below the knee.
- TATTOOS - No visible tattoos.
- SHOES - Wear heels.
- HAIR - Short hair, neatly presented, with minimal hair product.
- FACE - Clean shaven with no make-up.
- SUIT - Smart business attire.
- NAILS - Clean and manicured.
- TATTOOS - No visible tattoos.
- SHOES - Formal work shoes.
Alex, our client
Alex came to us for guidance on her full length and passport application photos, CV writing and digital video interview. Alex passed at first attempt! She is currently cabin crew with Emirates Airline.
Eilyn, our client
Eilyn came to us for guidance on her formal passport and full length application photos, CV writing, assessment day and digital video interview. Eilyn passed at first attempt! She is currently cabin crew with Emirates Airline.
Lauren, our client
Lauren came to us for guidance on her full length and half length application photos, CV writing, assessment day and interview coaching. Lauren passed at first attempt! She is currently cabin crew with Emirates Airline.