What makes an excellent CV and gets noticed by the recruiter
How should you write your perfect CV.
- Identify your important personal details to include. Leave out your marital status, age, religion or nickname.
- Always include your personal statement. This is an amazing section which will focus your recruiter's attention to your transferable skills and suitability. This section alone, if written well, will land you at the next stage i.e. you receive an invite to the assessment day in your local city.
- Understand well what you should include in your skills section. Remember to only include your relevant transferable skills. Exclude things like well versed with Excel spreadsheets and Powerpoint presentations.
- Learn what you should say in your former jobs. Only your transferable skills should be stated here. List your skills with examples, the skills the cabin crew recruiter is looking for. Please don't list down procedures. So if you are a crew with another airline, don't say "showing passengers to their seats, providing them with headsets etc.."
- Don't forget your all important educational details including proficiency in languages. If you have taken A-levels, ensure you include your grades obtained. This shows you in the best light.
- Don't use the same CV for all airlines you are applying to. There are nuances between the different airlines.
- Don't use free template designs that you see on many cv websites. Everyone else's CV will then look the same. Never ask any airline Facebook groups for opinions or views on your CV as they are competing with you for the same cabin crew positions! Definitely a NO unless you wish to sacrifice your own chances. A Michelin star chef will not ask for views on his/her new recipe, not good business sense.
I cannot emphasise that your CV, personal statement and covering letter are so important in creating that all important first impression.
We can help by writing-up a fully top quality professional CV, personal statement and covering letter for you from as little as GBP£35. It increases your chances of being seen and it gets noticed by recruiters. Most of our clients who are now flying with Emirates, Etihad and Qatar approached us, and we are proud to say most are now flying with these airlines. A good number of our clients have also achieved first time passes. Contact us today.